Research & Feasibility
“Supposing is good, but finding out is better. .”
Our team are professionals in conducting research and feasibility studies that support the protection and sustainable use of land and the strengthening of rural communities.
Research studies are often based around providing a solution to a problem, or testing a scenario in order to identify the consequences of rural land use or community projects. Feasibility studies look at options and opportunities often across a range of possibilities and selecting the preferred option based upon pre-set criteria or project objectives.
The process of conducting research and feasibility studies often requires a multi-disciplinary team to identify all possible solutions and our strong partnerships with other professionals such as architects, engineers, environmental specialists, planning and housing specialists, social scientists and chartered surveyors brings together a comprehensive package to undertake a wide range of feasibility projects.
Our team have experience in conducting research and feasibility into a range of rural land use and environmental options including:
- Research into how deer and other game species utilise landscape features to inform sustainable game management activities.
- Land use availability and suitability for biomass production.
- Research into educational and curriculum opportunities for fishing social enterprise.
- Research into effects of climate change on protected landscapes to inform future land management policies.
- Feasibility study identifying preferred option to engage social enterprises with statutory recycling requirements.
- Feasibility study to determine best option for therapeutic horticultural activities to enhance skills for people with learning difficulties and create a sustainable income base for a charitable enterprise.
- Feasibility and research into providing temporary village shop facilities in rural communities in order to regenerate rural villages and strengthen community cohesion.
- Feasibility studies identifying options for payments for ecosystem services to inform management of a 3,000 acre highland estate.
The types of research and feasibility studies we undertake are categorised as below:
- rural community development
- business planning for sustainability projects
- creation of fundraising strategies for rural businesses and third sector organisations
- sustainability assessments/ appraisals
- education in the natural environment
- species monitoring and research studies
- climate change impacts on landscapes
- uses of natural resources
- business evaluation of natural products
- biodiversity and carbon offsetting feasibility studies
- payment for ecosystem services feasibility studies